Junggok Temple Complex(中谷道場)

▲ Junggok Temple Complex 143-1 Jungok-dong Gwangjin-gu Seoul, 2883㎡, 8 Buildings.

▲ Yeong Dae·Bonjeon

It was the first to be built after establishing Daesoonjinrihoe in April 1969. The Religious Authority of Doju (Jo Jeungsan, 1895~1958) was succeeded by Dojeon (Park hangyeong, 1895~1958). Dojeon left Taegeukdo Busan Headquarters in June 1968 after administering it for 10 years. After itinerating Geumsan Temple in Jeunbuk, He finished His Studies in Suri Temple, Gunposi, Gyeonggi-do and then settled down in Junggok-dong, Seoul in June 1969.

Dojeon established Daesoonjinrihoe in this area, then it was built. Just past Bukhan Mountain, Surak Mountain, and Yongma Mountain, toward the string of mountains facing the Han River, is where the Dojang is located. This location was constructed in only 2 years.

Junggok Temple Complex has a very significant place in history as it is where Daesoonjinrihoe began; the foundation and the structure of the Religious Order was set up here.

New activities and a schedule for the year was planned and promoted here. Another special feature about Junggok Temple Complex is that Gongbu (meditation and training for the Later World) has been executed since July 1974. At first, Gongbu was called Sibeob Gongbu, but it is now called Gido Gongbu, which is continuously practiced without skipping a day. Today, over 30,000 people participate annually in Gido Gongbu.
Yeoju Headquarters Temple Complex(驪州本部道場)

▲ Yeoju Headquarters Temple Complex 650-2 Gaya-ri Gangcheon-myeon Yeoju-gun Gyeonggi-do, 469-861

The south of the Han River facing Bongdu Mountain is where Yeoju Headquarters Temple Complex is situated, making new history in Daesoonjinrihoe. In Yeoju, going towards Wonju, is the Namhan River. After crossing the Ihodaegyo (bridge), easily visible to the eye, there is an annexed building of Yeoju Headquarters Temple Complex on the right, built in the traditional Korean style. Measuring approximately 165,290㎡ and consisting of about forty buildings, it is one of the largest amongst the Dojangs of Daesoonjinrihoe.

Its construction began on May 18, 1986 and was completed on November 26, 1986. Afterwards, the number of disciples suddenly multiplied. Additionally, Yeong Dae (the Shrine of Sangje and the gods of the universe) and Daesoon Hoegwan were expanded in 1990. Finally, the Central Religious Order was moved from Junggok Temple Complex to Yeoju Headquarters Temple Complex in February 1993.

It has approximately 1,000,000 visitors annually. Approximately 8,000,000 doins, 120 assembly halls, thousands of assenbly centers and regional centers for propagation to manage the administration of religious affairs, the core of the Religious Order.

In Yeoju Headquarters Temple Complex, Sihak with Sibeob Gongbu has 36 people in one group that are in charge of a day for 24 hours by reciting the prayers without disruptions. Gongbu began in 1991 and continues today without stopping once, with 12,960 doins participating every year. Lectures advancing the natural disposition of doins have been carried out since April 8, 1994.

Each class is comprised of 72 students (male and female classes held separately in changing shifts) and lasts two nights and three days.

▲ Yeong Dae·Bonjeon

Jeju Training Temple Complex(濟州修鍊道場)

▲ Jeju Training Temple Complex 1319-1 Nohyeong-dong Jeju-si Jeju-do, 5,646㎡, B1 to 7th floor

Jeju Training Temple Complex. 1319-1 Nohyeong-dong Jeju-si Jeju-do, 5,646㎡, B1 to 7th floor Jeju Dojang is the third Dojang that was built. The Dojang is located at the southern part of the highest mountain in South Korea, in Jeju Island. Since the old days, Halla Mountain, along with Geum-gang Mountain and Jiri Mountain, has been known as Samsin (three gods) Mountain. Lots of legends and stories about those mountains have been passed down.

Jeju Dojang, whose construction began from February 1989 and finished in July 1989, is at Nohyeong-dong, where the energy from the Halla Mountain concentrates. Nohyeong means an aged person scaling (weighing). Therefore, it has the connotative meaning of the gods of Heaven and Earth testing and weighing the minds of people.

The Dojang site is approximately 2644㎡ with 115,706㎡ of floor space consisting of a basement and a seven-storied modern style building. Yeong Dae and Daesoon Sacred Hall is on the seventh floor. From the third to the sixth floor, there are rooms for executive officials. The cafeteria is on the 2nd floor. The Administration of Religious Affairs is on the 1st floor. The basement is used for seminars.

Seminars for doins have been taking place since October 6, 1989. The seminars, which are usually comprised of one hundred and twenty students in one class, lasts five nights and six days from Friday to Wednesday.

Here, the Jeju Seminars aim to enlighten doins so that they understand the Truth of Daesoon correctly, and help them develop Benevolence, Justice, Propriety, Wisdom and Faith (teachings of Confucious emphasizing the laws of respect amongst people) according to the teachings of Daesoonjinri, and set up order and structure. Additionally, the seminars help to englighten doins cultivate insight of Dao in nature.
Pocheon Cultivation Temple Complex(抱川修道場)

▲ Pocheon Cultivation Temple ComplexPocheon Cultivation Temple Complex. 11-15 Seondan-dong, Pocheon-city Gyeonggi-do, 16,853㎡, 9 Buildings

Pocheon Cultivation Temple Complex. 11-15 Seondan-dong Pocheon-si Gyeonggi-do, 16,853㎡, 9 Buildings Pocheon Sudojang is located at Wangbang Mountain (773m) in Seondan-dong, Pocheon-si, Gyeonggi-do. Seondan was named so because there used to be an altar for Daoist hermits with supernatural powers (‘dan’ for ‘seon’). Daesoonjinri Dojang, built here, adds its significance. The location of Yeong Dae is standing on the Seon’in’dok’seo’hyeol Myeongdang (a piece of land known to bring good fortune) site. Next to the Dojang, is the only university in the northern Gyeonggi-do area called Daejin University.

It began its construction on March 3, 1992 and ended it in July of the same year. All the construction were done by the doins (practicers of Dao) within 5 months. The whole area of the Dojang site measures approximately 33,058㎡ made up of 5 buildings (total floor space of 16,853㎡).

Actually, the structures of Daesoonjinrihoe were all built by the hands of the doins without outside help; all were miraculously built within a few months due to the doins’ deep devotion and cooperation, and the divine protection of the gods of Heaven and Earth followed by the Reconstruction of Heaven and Earth.

After passing by the Pocheon Dojang’s first gate called Pojeongmun, you can see Jongmuwon on the left and Seonjeongwon on the right. Seonjeongwon is used as the living quarters of the staff members at Jongmuwon and the doins (people who practice Dao). On the left-front of Seonjeongwon is the 2 story belfry (Jonggak), which weighs 13 tons, measures 2 meters in diameter, and 3.5 meters high, began ringing in January 1993.

In front of the belfry, is the distinct oratory and in the middle, going up the stairs in front of the pond, you can find Sungdomun. On the left is Myeongshimdang and across from it is the magnificent Yong Dae.

▲ Yeong Dae·Bonjeon

Geumgangsan Toseong Training Temple Complex(金剛山 土城修鍊道場)

▲ Geumgangsan Toseong Training Temple Complex 1319-1 Geumgangsan Toseong Training Temple Complex 5,646㎡,

Geumgangsan Toseong Training Temple Complex is the most recently established amongst the Dojangs. Construction began on January 1995 and ended in February 1996. It is located amongst one of the 12,000 peaks of Geumgang Mountain called Sinseon peak, which is 1,204 meters high, located in the lower edges of the East Sea, spaciously spread across. As such, the Dojang is well harmonized with the mountains and the ocean nearby, making it one of the best sights to see in Gangwon-do. The scale of its site is approximately 105,786㎡ with 23,140㎡ of floor space that has 13 buildings including the Hyuyangso (Recreation Facility).

Like the other Dojangs, Gucheon Sangje, Okhwang Sangje, and other gods of Heaven and Earth are enshrined in Yeong Dae. Besides Yeong Dae, there are Myeongsimdang, Jeongeuimun, Sungdomun (gate), Suryeonsil, and Jonggak (belfry) as well. The belfry, similar to the one in Yeoju Dojang, is the country’s largest in scale. It is called Daewonjong. In addition, there is a large drum called Noehwago inside Pojeongmun measuring 2.5 meters in diameter. Right next to the Dojang is the Hyuyangso, which was built in June 1996 and opened in April 1997. The 5,038㎡ site is a traditionally built five story structure, with exquisitely painted patterns, with a seminar room of 400 seats and several resting quarters inside. Additionally, there is a spa in the basement for guests to get relaxed from travelling.

▲ Yeong Dae·Bonjeon